Friday, February 25, 2022

02.25.22 Mummichogs, check....



     So I kept thinking how I was going to come up with a good mummichog pattern that would work and be easy to tie. I came up with a simple K.I.S.S., keep it simple stupid, pattern. Quick, easy to tie, and will hopefully fool the striped bass, as soon as next week. After looking at the below pattern, which looks like a mess, I put together the above trio as a better match. Fish Skull baitfish heads will keep them down and give them some action in the moving outflow waters I plan on fishing. We'll see. 

     I picked up some Solarez UV from Brqad Buzzi at TFFS and have put a beating on the small small bottle I had. At around $18 bucks it goes quick. So I looked on Amazon, since I'll need some more before I see my dealer any time soon. I found this DIY Craft UV Resin, which is about 2-1/2 times as much product for $8.55 a bottle. I haven't used it yet. I like the size and workability of the Solarez bottle so I may out the new stuff in and see how it goes. Four days until the bays and rivers open for striped bass and I think we're going to see a lot off early catches this year, as I am not sure if the bass even left for warmer and deeper waters this winter. 


bass and I think we're going to see a lot off early catches this year, as I am not sure if the bass even left for warmer and deeper waters this winter. With a mix of some warm 60+ degree days followed by this cold snap water temps in the Delaware are hovering just over/under 40 degrees. Soon the shad will be entering the Delaware Bay, if they are not there already, and the bass will follow as will the river herring. Can't come soon enough.