Tuesday, February 15, 2022

02.15.22 Little delivery and a shot at one....


     So I've been trying on making the flies a tad more pink and purple without having to blend the bucktail. I have watched Jason Taylor do sick things with ostrich and rhea so I ordered up a bunch of ostrich from Amazon. They said 10-12 inches, which it may be, but the sides are shorter then I would like. I got 10 each for $25 delivered. 



     I tied up the top fly which comes in at 10 inches of pink and purple goodness. Not perfect, but getting better. The top shot is dry and below after a cold water bath. We'll see how bad the flare is after it dries. If tomorrows weather is warmer than today I might try and swim a couple of these to see how good or bad they are. They are looking more like pike or musky flies rather than striped bass flies.