Thursday, February 3, 2022

02.03.22 I'm trying for a fly a day....


      It was late last night and my scrubs and lab coat were pressed and ready for clinical at Clara Maass Hospital up in Belleville with a 630 am start. I ran downstairs to The Cave and tied up a fly. Its been awhile, and a while since I tied with Steve Farrar's SF Blend. I'll do a post about him and the blends later. But I need to develop a good herring pattern and get into some kind of rhythm to bang out a bunch. 

     The above fly comes in at 8 inches tied on a Partridge 4/0 Predator hook. I combed and had to cut off way too much material, so I have to be judicious when tying it. The lower body has to extend more, and the saddle hackles need to be straightened or ironed before I drop them in. It was good start, better flies to come.