Saturday, May 11, 2019

05.09.19 Guides day off.....



     My buddy Capt. Paul Eidman just got back from a week in Montana fly fishing for trout and needed to get out for a scout for an upcoming trip. He invited me along and I couldn't say no. We had some nasty E-SE wind and he had to dance around the river for a while finding the perfect spot and drift and protection form the wind. 


     Luckily it was still all bass and no bluefish and we picked away at the schoolies drifting over structure and marks. It was dredging the up fishing with 350-650 grain lines as they were hugging the bottom and definitely not up. Nice to be able to just fish from the boat and not have to maneuver it.


      After meeting my classmates for a little graduation shin-dig in Eatontown I decided to hit the beach. I haven't been there in so long it felt like reunion. Fished without a tap from 730-830 on the incoming. Next week dead low isn't at sun-up so I'll be giving it a go then. If you're interested in walking and wading give me a call 732 261 7291