Friday, July 28, 2017

07.28.17 I ruined a lot of guys "afternoon delight" this afternoon.....


     Got out of work early because of the summer census and before picking up Mom I decided to give a wood wall and some pilings a look. I keep the nets and the bushel in my truck because  Erin and I love to hunt crabs this way.   I stayed for 60 minutes and got 38 keeper males, which included two soft shells, and threw back the smalls and the females. Most of the crabs came in twos as they were getting busy, if you know what I mean. I hope at least the boys got to finish.


    Once home Lauren helped me in the kitchen and it was a few softies, corn on the cob and the rest a good old pot of steamed crabs with lots off butter. I guess it was like walking into a blitz on the beach, only happens a few times a year and I was lucky to be there.