Monday, February 20, 2017

02.20.17 Back from the balmy ADK's......





     I guess if we were skiers the warm weather and slushy conditions could be something to complain about, but Saranac Lake in February in the 50's is alright by me. Finished up the work week Friday afternoon and was able to split a little early to take a miserable Pathophysiology exam followed by homework until 2am. We were on the road by 6 am and in the mountains after noon. Got to see my new niece and my old niece, 3, and spend some time with my sister and bro-in-law. Always nice to spend some time at the Mark Twain Camp on the Lower Saranac Lake.



     The girls got to give the skis and snowshoes a go which was fun to watch an coach them, even though I haven't done either. It was a mad dash home to catch a 430 class at Monmouth. We left Saranac Lake at 10 am and I was a half hour late for class. President's Day weekend Monday traffic was brutal coming south, and from the looks of it many people went down the shore cause the Parkway north was crammed around the Driscoll Bridge.

Best part with this nice weather is I'm going fishing tomorrow, I hear my striped friends are around.