Monday, September 29, 2014

09.29.14 Stunning first light this morning....


     I don't know if I have ever seen the light show that I saw out there this morning. It came up slowly and then got more intense as the clock ticked. The colors were varied but they were in the deepest of hues. It was spiritual and calming.
     I was hoping, as were the regulars on this beat, that the post blow fishing would be good if not yesterday, then today. A west wind sat the incoming tide down and the water looked good but it was flat and lifeless. No bait, no swirls, no action. But the above scene made it all the worth while.
     I moved around a bit and in the end just settled in and sat and watched from a stand of rocks that have come to have a very special meaning. Although a different day, with a different view, and now alone, the memory of a few amazing moments there will always be with me, and I will cherish them always. It's not to powerful to say, "This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime."