Monday, September 22, 2014

09.22.14 Got out for a quick boat ride in the afternoon.....



     With the morning a wash and guides and clients on standby, the weather Gods presented a window, just a slightly better one. I was waiting with some of the guides and they decided to head out after noon.  My crew was out at the lighthouse but Andrew was game to head out.
     We got out and found some boats and some fish, which appeared to be a mix of albies and bluefish. We had a few good shots but couldn't get tight. At one point I got a little to close another guide boat with our backcast nearly dusting their T-top. From then I just wanted to stay out of the mix and go and find our own fish.
     We were getting close to slack and driving round not finding anything for ourselves so I decided to start back towards in. We had a west wind, the incoming was about to start, and I didn't want to deal with the wind against tide ride. My thought was we could beat a wet ride in, we didn't, and do a sweep of the area out and around the inlet. We found some birds.....but no fish....and lots of bumpy water.


And, of course, just as we got in I heard it was going pretty good where we started.......

Back at he room I can't beat the Snug Harbor Motel hang on the balcony....