Thursday, March 13, 2014

03.13.14 Great night with the EJTU and come join me this Saturday at Orvis Marlton.....


     Come join me this Saturday March 15th at the Orvis Marlton store for a day of greet and meets and a few presentations that I will do on fly fishing the Upper Delaware and the Jersey Shore. This is part of the Orvis Spring Fishing Kick-Off and the day will include the presentations, lunch, good discounts and giveaways. Plus its a great chance to come and check out the latest Orvis has to offer. I will be doing the Delaware thing at 11 and then the salt thing at 1. Hope to see you there.

Orvis Marlton is located in the Promenade at Sagamore at 500 Route 73 South in Marlton. You can get directions HERE.

NOTE - This outdoor mall, and several others along Route 73 are loaded with just about every store and outlet imaginable, so if you'd like to bring your better half there's plenty to do while you're in fly fishing mode.


     Last night I had the privilege of speaking at the East Jersey TU's monthly meeting. The chapters impressive up and down, lots of members at the meeting, good coffee, active "store" with flies, TU, and chapter "stuff" and apparel for sale, and a welcoming committee for first time attendees, and I liked the name tags everyone gets as you walk in the door.



     The meeting started with a presentation by Kelly Buchta about the Trout Unlimited Women's Initiative. She rolled a nice movie that included one of my images of one of my favorite female clients, Victoria, who fishes with me in the salt and knows how to get it done. Below is Vicky with her first Raritan Bay spring bluefish.


 
     I spoke on "Fly Fishing the Jersey Shore" and included a lengthy segment on the beach replenishment projects going on up and down the shore. It was reaffirming to see a larger freshwater crowd shake their head and sigh as I explained what is going on down here. Had some great questions throughout and a ran through some Upper Delaware slides just so the trout-lover side of them didn't feel slighted. 
     Two lucky anglers will win a walk and wade trip that the chapter purchased for a raffle prize at their upcoming banquet. I look forward to spending time on the beach with the winner.