Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12.28.11 " I shouldda' been here yesterday....."


      That's what this lone angler said to me this morning on the beach in Seaside Park. This morning I grabbed my cameras and headed out to see what the ocean looked like after lasts night blow. As I drove up to 8th Ave I saw about 30 cars parked in the lot, either there was an all out blitz or the waves were ripe for surfing. The tide was incoming, the wind howling out of the West, and the waves were 5-8 feet. There were surfers everywhere. I saw Gus who just sat in his truck and shook his head. I got out with my iPad and figured I'd make his day and show him the pics from yesterday. He was shocked. He thought I had dug up pics from the spring.  "Nope Gus, that was yesterday."
     I made my way south and just as I got over the Shark River Inlet I saw a guy landing a short striper off the north jetty. Things were quiet down at Manasquan Inlet and the beaches down to Seaside. I did find one lone angler in Seaside Park that made a good subject for the above picture. I went up to him and asked him how he was doing and he said, "I should have been here yesterday, or the day before that." His buddies called as things were going off yesterday but he couldn't break free and come down. So he came down today.

We've all been there. It's just part of it.