Friday, October 8, 2010

10.08.10 Project Healing Waters Pequest outing


Headed up to the Pequest Hatchery in Hackettstown today for the Project Healing Waters outing. Project Healing Waters is s national, might be international, organization that introduces disabled veterans to fly tying and fly fishing. We meet and tie flies at the VA in Lyons, and host trips to the Pequest Hatchery, Molders Preserve, and Osterman Nursery. It was a beautiful day and the dozen vets we had a great time. I was teamed with a nice guy who caught about 5 fish, and lost a few bigger ones. The last trip I was going on was to Molders Preserve in Old Bridge, but it started pouring as soon as we got there, and the VA cancelled the trip. So it was good to get this one in, Sunday is another outing but I won't make that one. I may head out to the beach to see what's been going on. I feel if I take a day off from there I will miss everything. Below is a pic from my guys fish.