Friday, June 18, 2010

06.18.10 " You should have been here yesterday...."

Photo by Marc Steiner/Agency New Jersey

That's what every guy loves to hear when he shows up all bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to do some fishing. Well yesterday around 430 in the afternoon the bunker came in, and the stripers followed them all the way to the beach. 11 guys there, 6 hooked up. So today I got there around 230 and stayed till 630 in the evening, blind casting as the tide went out. Blind casting a 9 foot 8 weight that I use for freshwater bass in ponds. The WF floating line really gets those bunker flies down well! Ha! My partner Marc came by and swiped my camera so he could take it to Haiti with him tomorrow and I thought for sure that was a sign that I would hook up. Nope. Had fun, got too much sun. Might go back out later.