Thursday, June 10, 2010

06.10.10 A little fun on the jetty, well big fun- little fish


After a late night editing a fishing video I shot, I woke up early and saw my girls off to school and work. I loaded up my gear and hit the jetty in Asbury Park. It's really fun going down there. It's about 15 blocks from my house and it's like the bar Cheers. Everyday it's the same guys doing the same thing. So when I got there this morning I ran into a guy I photographed fishing the other day. He's from Cape May and comes up a couple of times a week to fish, so it was nice to see him and be able to fish with someone else with a fly rod. Actually, we only had one fly rod between us as I forgot mine back home. Luckily he had a spare and set me up nicely. It was nice to shoot some line with a different rod. We started off throwing yellow Clousers and he switched up to a white/grey fly his buddy had tied. Soon he had a short, well baby, striper on

and followed that up with a fluke that spit the hook coming up the rocks. I had to travel up to Middletown and stopped by the Oceanic Bridge in Navesink and Leonardo near the Naval pier, both were flat and void of anything doing. Looks like rain is coming our way, hope it sops over the Catskill rivers for a few days, I know it's needed. Tomorrow I am helping out with Project Healing Waters, taking the Veterans to the Pequest Trout Hatchery for another fun day of big, fat, slob rainbows on the fly.