Friday, March 14, 2014

03.14.14 While the boat gets a facelift I picked up her new bed......



     With my boat up on the blocks and getting pretty much getting a facelift from bow to stern it worked out perfect that my NEW, SWEET and SHINY, Load Rite trailer came in. It's a beauty. All aluminum- well 90%. LED lights. Dual axle. Vortex hubs. SS brakes. Balanced radial tires. Just perfect. My older trailer was in serviceable condition but needed to get refurbished. I could have done that, but would have been left with a single axle trailer. I went with the dual axle trailer for those long commutes to the office. I really like putting in at Barnegat Light and now I feel that much more confident. I also hope to guide in Montauk in the next couple of years and this fall I will start bringing my boat out there.





     So for the boat. Every Clouser ding, every screw hole, every scrape, oh yeah- and when I ran aground in the middle of the night on the Navesink last summer, that too, will be fixed and getting gel coated. The Jones Brothers 19'10 Cape Fisherman is a 1998 and is in sweet condition. There are some stress cracks along the compartments that will be gone and the floor will get some love also. I had originally wanted to install dual electric trolling motors on the engines cavitation plate, but the used unit I had was dead and couldn't be used. So the boat will look brand new, and the trailer will be brand new.


     And don't forget I'll be at the Orvis Marlton store tomorrow, Saturday March 14 from 11-2 talking both fresh and saltwater. Hope to see you there.

Here's some more boat and trailer pics.....