Monday, April 1, 2024

04.01.24 Got a nice 40 pounder to end March....

 

     Ok, April Fools. And not only did I not catch a big fish but March 2024 will go down as a one fish month. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. I did. I was able to see, or talk top, almost all of my family during some part of the day. But yesterday was all about the big move. Juliet found a place in Crown Heights, Brooklyn to call home. Of course it was on the top floor of the above building and if I didn't have a heart attack after that then my left ventricle must be in good shape. Can't say enough how proud I am of her. Moving to a new part of the city, alone, without knowing anyone in the hood, that's pretty impressive if you ask me. 

     On the way home Erin and I hit the Brooklyn Navy Yards and the Wegman's for some bread and brie. It was a good move because for a while we sat in bumper to bumper traffic traveling across Staten Island. As the day progressed I wondered if I would be able to squeak out some Easter fishing. 

     Conditions were looking great and I liked the way the water temps were trending however it looks like we're going to have a cool down, and maybe some snow, this week. That's okay, it just means the fish across the state will have a little less pressure and be able to do their thing unscathed. 

     This weekend I got my new SA Sonar Titan line. I spooled it up and can't wait to use it. I like the way that Triple Density technology sounds at least on paper. Sinking lines are great bit they have to be heavy enough, and tapered just right, to get you down without keeping you down, if you know what I mean.