Friday, April 19, 2024

04.19.24 Thank Jesus, and Ricky....


     So the other day I had this happen. I was going to post it a PSA so the next guy doesn't do it. I should heed my own advice. I had ;leaned my rod along the passenger side of my Jeep and used a magnetic Tightline rod holder to secure it due to the wind. I'm trying to baby my new Helios 12 wt. the best that I can. 


     So today I fished a spot. It's been a 36 hour drought so I was excited to fish spot #1 but when that didn't produce I quickly got into my truck and sped off. When I got to Spot #2 I realized that I left my rod, again, along the passenger side of my truck. 

     I tore ass back there with a few things running through my mind. One, if it's there, did I turn my wheels to hard and run the back tires over it. Or two, did someone came and went with it, even though it all went down within 15 minutes. I pulled in and looked at the spot where I parked and there was nothing. My heart sank. Earlier there was not one in the lot but now there was another Jeep, and he was fishing. He was set up for a bait soak. 

     I quickly made my way over to him and said, "By any chance did you see a fly rod on the ground when you rolled up?". He smiled, "I wondered if the owner was going to come back for it". Guys, meet Ricky. He had my Helios broken down and placed nicely in the back of his Jeep. I couldn't thank him enough. Stand up guy. I hope a big fish ate his bait. He's got good karma coming to him. 




     So what I have learned by this all is, always put the rod away first, or lean it on the drivers side. And never be too excited to get to your next spot, or spots, the fish will be somewhere.