Saturday, April 6, 2024

04.06.24 What's next? The locusts?....

     No new news here as you all know we had some earthquakes and aftershocks hit New Jersey yesterday. I first heard of them from Theresa who works in Lawrence and she and her colleques felt the building shake. As did my daughter in Brooklyn. And everyone else in between and not in-between. I didn't feel a thing. Not the 4.8, the 2.6, our last evenings 4.0. At first I thought the epicenter was about 10 miles north of me but I have learned it was 37 miles away, probably the same distance to NYC.

     What I did learn is that my town, Hopewell, as Titusville is a section of it, has its own fault line that is part of the larger Ramapo Fault System. Does it mean I'm in harms way? No. But it's cool to learn 


about things we normally wouldn't care about. So leading into Monday's Lunar Eclipse we've had, in my area, 3.76 inches of rain which has blown out the Delaware River and an earthquake. So what's next the locusts? Those that are believers in the Rapture, the second coming of Christ, are all jazzed up as all these events means, or could mean, the end of the world and we will all be reunited up in Heaven. I hope it's not now, just give me one last spring and some sight fishing on the Vineyard before we go. 


     And while the earth was shaking yesterday I was coming back from fishing. Fishing a swollen and off-color Delaware where it was running at 65,000 cfs. Above is the Yardley boat ramp which is usually seen at the furthest poles in the parking lot. Gonna take some time for the waters to trend down. 

     So with all the stuff going on or not with the 'quake yesterday I reached out to my Lottery bag and checked my tickets. And what do you know, another 4 out of 5 on the NJ Cash 5. This paid $ 551.00.

     I've won this a few times as well as the NJ Pick 6 scoring 5 out of 6 two times. I've told Theresa that we will be winning the lottery one day, hopefully it's for the big prize and no one else hits.