Friday, March 17, 2023

03.16.23 Back in my happy place...


     I think the switch just went on. So yesterday morning the fans stopped and the weather just paused. Over the day we hit 61 degrees from 30 at sun rise. Early morning I found a guy soaking "South Carolina frozen mullet" catching nothing but snags. What brought me over there was to check on 


the "new" Trenton waterfront, or at least the progress. All of the sheets are in for the construction of a new bulkhead and subsequent park located next to Cooper's. During the day I was able to knock a 


few things off the block, finish reading some student nursing care plans, confirm that the Regal had been sold and make plans for the loot exchange, and clean up the old chicken coop for sale. It's red hot chicken coop selling season, and this one was easy, as it's going to our friends up in Flemington. 



     I made the rounds around the yard picking up fallen sticks from the gale force winds from the last few days. And I said, you know, it feels like the switch was just turned on. There was a hatch going on, the lady bugs or Asian lady belts (they look the same) that were on the walls in the kitchen, and a quick search showed a bump in the water temps. "Could it be just enough to get something moving or turned 


 on?", I asked myself. So off I went to a new fishy spot I found over the winter. Had the incoming tide but it wasn't strong enough for me to worry about getting stuck. Fished like a champ, that means I only lost two flies, for two hours. Saw a shad and a herring, saw a flock of cormorants, and it was buggy, and just felt like the time had come. It'll be very, very soon when all of our waters erupt.