Monday, March 6, 2023

03.06.23 Interesting marketing plan...


     The internet is now just like newspapers used to be. I saw that when I used to work as a photographger for the NY Post. Each day they were in competition with the Daily News to sell more papers, and the cover was the bait to get people to buy. So I have become used to the same, kind of, from charter outfits on social media showing happy anglers hoisting big fish or the preverbial fish back 



at the marina. But the other day I was surprised to see some skantily clad women in an ad to book your next fishing trip with Father Time Charters out of Oceanport. I am sure they got the clickbait they wanted, not sure if it turned into any bookings for them. While their outfits may be great for Florida or fluke fishing her in New Jersey in the summer, I wouldn't think these "mates" would be able to pull it off for early spring striper fishing in the Raritan Bay. I know it can get a bit chilly out there. But the ad says 


 these "....Mates are available to bait your hook". Who am I to judge?