Friday, March 3, 2023

03.03.23 Orvis news...hot off the presses....

       Word on the street is there's a new store manager coming to the Orvis Princeton store, New Jersey's only remaining retail store. Yep, that's our boy Andrew Hamilton. You know Andrew from our times with him in the Marlton, New Jersey store, which has closed, and from some of the best angler/fish pictures I have ever taken. He's a good stick and a really good model, just ask my wife. That's him below when we were out between the channels when the bass were on top chasing big bunker. He's 


also the guy who got me my first On The Water cover when he and some of his buds came out to fish with me in Montauk. Not only a great pose, but great editorial use of the image. Love the colors. 


     He's leaving a pretty sweet store just outside of Philly, Orvis Haverford, but I am glad he's coming back to New Jersey. The store and fishing department will definitely benefit from having Andrew there, he's been with Orvis for as long as I have known him. Today, Theresa and I took a ride to the Philly 






store and he hooked me up with some new backing on reels that, really, really, really needed it. While there I tried on some waders. I'm done with Simms, and that pair they sent back, well you know the story, after I repair it myself, it will be just a backup pair. I am thinking of going back to stocking foot waders and wading boots as most of my fishing these days 


is done in the rivers and away from the sand. So I tried on the Orvis PRO zipper waders along with the Orvis PRO BOA Wading Boots. Boy, did I like the way they felt, well actually there's no felt. So, and hear this Simms, I'd have to order the Orvis Post-Grip Screw In Studs and install them to keep my footing in the rivers and on thge rocks. One thing that is for sure, there's no Herman Munster feeling going on with these stocking foots, something I haven't felt in a long time. Andrew has some really


good ideas he wants to bring to the Orvis store including presentations, fly tying, and casting demos. And for me it'll be great because I'll have another fly fishing nut that will always be willing to chase fish no matter when or what time. He starts there next week so drop by and say hello, tell him you heard the news here.