Sunday, August 20, 2017

08.20.17 Came, fished, left....skunk, for me....

Lief Petersen photo
     It wasn't easy getting up this morning and I did hit the snooze button but woke up before it went off and headed out the door, slightly hungover. Had some of the gang from work over with some friends for a BBQ and it was good friends, good food and good drink. Most split early to catch concerts either at PNC or in Asbury. John Mayer was the host ticket for the evening.


     Did get down around 5am and had to catch Leif walking to the beach before he wEnt and caught something. We worked the beach and I started with a black Snake Fly before switching over to a large white Howitzer that didn't move a fish. I thought Lief and I were walking of together but when he



he was staying I knew he would find one, and he did. It took a chartreuse Howitzer. Besides the bass he caught there were snappers and rain fish and after reading SOL I read about the first alibi-off-the-beach sighting. It's starting to feel like fall out there, maybe it'll be sooner than later.

Lief Peterson photo