Sunday, April 24, 2022

04.24.22 Long rough night....

     Four hours, one before high and three on the start of the outgoing. Shoulder ball joint replacement should be in order if I keep this up. 12 weight 450 gr line casting with my stripping basket up to my nipples in 50 degree water. Any chance of a big fish is starting to wane. Fished one spot inching out every so slightly trying to find that tipping point with my toes. You know the one, where your next step puts you overhead. Living on the edge. 

     Tired and bummed I made a move and set up and thought I had good water in front of me. Then I saw a guy scouting me out. I was parked down a long and dark dirt road and he was looking down at me. He started walking back and forth on the bridge, and I thought he was leaving but then he came back. LATER! I packed up and backed out and was gone. I wasn't in the mood for any interaction or having to defend myself. On my way home about 20 minutes later I realized I left the pair net there, so a ride back, pissed off, wasn't the way to end the night. Not a tap on the 'McNasty", big, heavy, have to let the water drain between casts. But there's a fish out there with their name on it....I still believe.