Saturday, April 16, 2022

04.16.22 Fun day with a bunch for the tank....


     The hunt for big(ger) fish continues, at it since March 1st, biggest one to date was 33 inches, and the smallest may have been today at 21. It was Lucky 7 total for today, two different outings, two different tides, same results. I have been learning a lot about spin fishing, and why, at least here they might be 




more successful than me. I know its fly fishing, and the river can get up and mean, but there's something I can be doing better to mimic the big plug spin fisherman. But any way, that for another time. So 


today I brought both 'Keep Em' Wet" tanks with me, but went with just using the 41 inter, because I was hoping for a big fish. As I was filling the 28 my know came unbuttoned and my bucket was gone. But then it cam back in a weird tide move. I was then able to fill up the big tank and get on with fishing. 



     Outgoing tide in the AM and incoming in the PM, lots of people out in the afternoon and we, Erina dn I, saw a boat guy catch and release a real solid fish. Tonight is the Pink Moon, and if you fish you 




know what that means. In the afternoon after watching Erins lacrosse game it was. quick stop to catch the baby of the bunch, the 21 incher that was cool, it really is a neat was to appreciate these fish when you can see them for a minute or two at eye level in the tank. I am really glad that I was able to make



these two tanks to enjoy the fish before they are released. So fishing is pretty much wide open now, and even the beach is starting to heat up. Leif had a bunch of active fish to 25 inches the other day, so it's pretty much striped bass are everywhere now. Do your best to keep them in the water as long as you can. If you need to take a pic, and I think that's fine, plan for it, do it quickly and get the fish back. I see videos of "professional" captains allowing fish to flop on the deck before the barbed hook, or double treble hooks, are shaken out of the fish, before the mouth lip or Boga grip move, which compresses the fish innards like a pancake. So do better, and please pinch those barbs down.