Saturday, April 2, 2022

04.02.22 Yoo-Hoo's warming up....



     Well, we got the water temps to come up a bit, but the deluge of rain we had up long the river now has it off color, with lots of debris coming down. I guess there may be some fish around, but they aren't active just yet, maybe honed in on getting busy and not eating. Still haven't seen a cormorant come up


with a herring yet and every dive they come up empty beaked. It's starting to get a little frustrating, lots of madness in the Raritan River and Bay, but nothing going on in the Delaware. I know, it will happen, just when is the question. There's usually about a two-week window, and I feel it maybe be in 14 days with the next full moon, which is called a Pink Moon. Hopefully that gets the bass moving. I hope we 


have some decent herring in the river this year as my fly box is busting with herring tap patterns. Here's my latest a nice Squimpish material herring fly. I can't wait to see it swim, and what happens to the material during the cast, does it hold its shape? Just to be safe I used a little Plastic Dip, Steve Farrar, style to keep it tight, but nothing on the ass end. 

     Off to Florida for a quick Mom visit, back Tuesday to the grind. Hopefully the water will be over 50 degrees by then.