Sunday, April 17, 2022

04.17.22 Happy Easter.....


      Yes, Easter is a great day. Easter Bunny, candy, Easter egg hunts, but keep in mind the real reason for Easter. Jesus rose from the dead on that Sunday, three days after he was crucified on the cross. Do with it what you like, but I'm a believer. Enjoy your day hopefully with someone you love. It's a beautiful day. 

     And is was a beautiful day for Leif catching fish up to 35 inches on, what else, the Ugly Ass Fly. He had the place to himself until he was joined by another angler who had a good early session himself. 


     Out west my bedroom was alight with the full moon until the sun came up. I hit it around 530 on the outgoing tide and didn't get a tap fishing really good pocket water and current. It did get real cold last night, not sure if that was anything, but its fishing, and not catching. When it rising we look for a couple of degree bump in temperatures to get them going, and I wonder if the drop slows them down a bit. In four days we went from below 50 degrees to 57. I hope we can find a way to keep temps nice and steady so the fishing picks up a bit, with some bigger fish than I have been getting.