Monday, April 13, 2020

04.13.20 First person I knew that Covid-19 took....RIP Anthony



Anthony Causi. Big guy, Big hero. Big mouth, in a good way. I was saddened to learn on yesterday that the coronavirus took him away at age 48 He leaves behind a wife and two small children. 

     I met Anything when I worked for The New York Post from I think 2006-2008. I was assigned to lower Manhattan working 5am-1pm. Some times I would be asked to cover a sports assignment in New Jersey, like when one of the Mets or Yankees players would be rehabbing and playing at The Trenton Thunder stadium. Or I'd get a call to cover a high school game with an up and coming star. Many times I would get a pro sport to shoot, the Rangers, Nets, Knicks, Giants or Jets. Not often, but those gigs did come. Anthony was a sports shooter, a great one, and I was not. A few times we both shot the same game. Funny, I don't remember ever getting a better shot then he did. He would tell me to concentrate on the celebs in the stands, and that he would capture the action. 



     I remember when he shot the image of Mariano Rivera coming out of the bullpen and it running in the Post with the caption "Enter Sandman". Hum that song in your head and it makes the image come to life. 


    Anthony fought this till the end, updating his friends and family via Instagram. reading it I think he knew how sick he was. Coronavirus sucks. God Bless Ant, RIP.