Tuesday, February 4, 2014

02.04.14 Got a bad feeling about this.....


     This truck is, at times, my home away from home. Lately its been a little cranky and I had planned on getting it to the shop as soon as this week of bad weather passes. Plus I had just got the "new" Subaru back from the shop where they said it looks like it might be a blown head gasket, which, in a Subaru, means you need to drop in a new engine.
     Well, today, in between the height of daddy duty between doc appointments, school pick up, dance and then a basketball game.....my truck backfired and made sounds from the engine that I've never heard before. After that it didn't want to start or move. I had to let gravity take me back into a strip mall where a tow truck would pick her up and take her to the mechanic.

I hope the sound wasn't as bad as the damage, or the impending bill.......