Friday, January 21, 2011

01.21.11 Good first day of The Fly Fishing Show




     We were supposed to get up to 6 inches in central New Jersey this morning but wound up with just a few and it was gone quickly. I think that might have deterred people from coming to The Fly Fishing Show in Somerset. Good first day, for me, might have a been a little light of a turnout. I went to two great lectures, Marketing Your Fly Fishing Business Online by Andrea Von Benschoten and Jim Freda from Shore Catch on stripers in the spring and fall. I tried to make a few others but I was busy at the Jersey Shore Trout Unlimited booth (at the entrance) and taking a few pictures throughout the day and testing out time lapse on the exhibit floor.

                          

Of course, I can never pass up the chance to shoot Lefty during his fly casting demonstrations.

It was good to catch up with some old friends, especially good to see Joe DeMarkis and the guys at Rivers,  Sam and Matt from West Branch Anglers, and Eric and Tracey Stroup. I had the pleasure of joining them for dinner with Delaware Guide Darren Rist and Baxter House owner Ken Tutalo and his wife. During dinner I listened to author Mike Valla talk of his earliest memories if fly fishing in Roscoe and his meeting the Dettes.

Tonight I'll be downloading and charging up the camera batteries, and mine, for another long day at the show tomorrow.