Sunday, January 1, 2023

01.01.2023 Happy New Year.....


     Bah humbug. On Tuesday Theresa went down with something bad and by Thursday I was down for the count. She missed three days of work and I missed, well, fishing today for that New Years Day bass. We've been on our backs for days. To be honest I could give a rats ass about striped bass right now. Anyway, to you and yours, HNY. I hope it's a good one, but know there's always some part or several parts of each year that just absolutely suck. Just keeping it real. 



     So Theresa was Covid negative and I tested negative also, she at a lab and me with one of those government-sent-out kits. If it's not Covid, and thank God it wasn't as I would be dead, what is this? 
I was a good boy and get-it-or-your-fired compliant with this years flu shot. Remember that one, where I was in the hospital for three days after almost stroking out. I wanted to see how I could get

the flu this bad if I am protected against the flu. I had the Fluvaval Quad, one manufactured by GSK. In a recent press release from the CDC Director Rochelle Walinsky stated, "We look in real time as to how well we think the influenza match is to what's circulating. And right now, the good news is that it looks like it is a very good match". The CDC is reporting four strains of the flu virus this year, 79% is the Influenza A (H3N2) and 21% the usual Influenza A (H1N1), plus a few Influneza B cases out there. I went into the GSK website and looked up the efficacy of the vaccine. After looking 



pages of mild adverse reactions that were discovered and reported I couldn't find any mention of Influenza A or B,"only culture confirmed". It states a vaccine efficacy of 46.3% to 49.3%. So, as you can see bleow, I am glad I fell in line and got my vaccine, imagine what I would look like if I didn't. 


     So no big deal I didn't go this morning. Beautiful day with temps in the mid-50's and no wind. I think I have watched every murder mystery on 20/20, OWN, and 48 Hours and almst very type of sex crime on Law and Order. Thank God it's Sunday so at least I can switch to football for a while. 


     I hope you don't get this strain, or Covid for that matter, but rest assurred if you are vaxed and boosted against Covid and vaxed against the flu. They really need to come up with a different name for vaccines today, like maybe possible preventer. Years ago Polio and Measles were irradicated with vaccines, today, not so much. They first used DDT on kids by spraying it in their faces to try and rid the world of polio? But then they moved away from that and found an air tight vaccine. Maybe someone questioned the science? Happy New Year