Friday, January 6, 2023

01.06.23 One of my favorite pictures....


      I dug out some of the hard rives looking through some old images getting ready for, possibly, a few upcoming talks. I foudn the above image which really illustrates what surfcasting "Jetty Country" used to look like. I remember that day and walking up there with a fly rod trying to get in on the action. It was like Joseph looking for a bed for Mary and Jesus, "Sorry, no room here". You can read about that day HERE.

     What is incredible is the amount of images I have dating back to 2009 when I started this blog. Now, not only do I have 1,000's of images that I selected and "developed" and posted, but 10,000 images that didn't make the cut. So in each folder is a RAW folder, a SELECT folder, and a TRANS (meaning transmitted) folder. Say I posted say 6 images, there were tens more from that day. Looking though them there's pics of guys I don't see anymore, Steve the Lawyer "Scales of Justice" who loved Brighton and Whitehall, structures not there, like the Pier at Phillips Ave, and of beaches totally destroyed by beach replenishment, aka "The Hump", and everything around it. Check out the image below and weep, can you figure out exactly where that is...that was Jetty Country.