Tuesday, January 24, 2023

01.24.23 Bring on the bunker bite.....

 

     Finally got rid of the muscle memory and allowed my fingers to tie up something big. Here's one for the bunker bite. This one comes in at 11 inches not counting the long stuff at the end. It's a combination of bucktail, Squimpish, and Matson Mix. Taper came out good. The pics show it pretty much off the vice. 11mm eyes topped it off and the best part is Steve Farrar would be proud since this isn't one of those bird-beak flies. It may look like a lot of material, but its not. Before I swim it I may run a little Softex or Plasti Dip throws the material to tighten it up. Problem is, I'd never be able to tie another that looks exactly the same, as the real tyers do. More to follow. 


     And in getting ready for the season I started to go through my gear. I called Orvis and got a ticket for a rod repair. It's my H2 9-10 that is delaminating, like mpeeling and turning white, up and down the rod. I'm not sure how they'll handle it, buit they've always been good to me. More to follow.