Sunday, December 11, 2022

12.11.22 Now what?


      Found the above image taken 12.11.11, eleven years ago. Obviously it was a morning like today, 

"Brisk morning at 26 degrees! Fished Deal w/out a bump but guys got them at Asbury Park and Avon in the cold and dark. Hearing that Sandy Hook fishing is kaput as dredgers have set up within casting distance from the beach, all part of the Monmouth Beach replenishment project. Besides northern Hook beach and parking access is blocked off by the Park Police, FYI."

      Funny how last week I posted "One day it will be over just like that...". Not sure if I am right on that but it appears I might be. With anglers getting ready for the holidays no doubt participation, and reports, are down to a trickle. It's not the kind of fishing that if you have the time andlive close to your favorite spot, and you can deal with the air temps and weather, you give it a go. 

    There's still bait around, some bunker and white bait, and I haven't heard much about herring. There could still be some catches for those that just can't put it away just yet. Usually by now I have Quit #1 in the books, but I am not done, as long as the schedule, and my fingers, allow.