Thursday, October 13, 2022

10.13.22 Covered lot of ground....


     With a day oof from school and a need to drive to Monmouth Medcial I thought it would be a good day to check things out on the beach. The forcast was calling for terrible weather with thunderstorms and a hard S wind. Once there things weren't all that bad. SE wind to maybe 18-20 with an incoming tide. There was a line of bunker a few hundred feet off the groins but nothing on them. Fished both sides of the rocks for about 45 minutes without a tug. There should have been somebody home. 


     Made some stops along the bay which was flat and quiet on the southern shores. Birds here nd there and no real signs of bait and nothing splashing or in pursuit. I kept making my way west and made the jump to the north side. There I found some better life with birds searching and 


ocassionally stopping for a bite to eat. It was drive, stop, look and fish or not. While at one spot I watched a guy in the channel hook up and land a nice bass that didn't get returned to the water. There were about four boats out there and it looked like continous drifts in the channel on the outgoing




tides were productive. The bait was there but I think the fish were low. Didn't see any blow ups or anything on them. I was hoping when the freighter came through it would push the bunker to my side but that didn't happen. I gave it a go for about an hour and I was just thinking maybe a stray 


or two would come out of the channel sniffing for something else to eat. All in all not a bad day, usual fall blitz fishing routine. Lots of miles on the truck, eyes in the binoculars, and fishing while wathing boat guys hook up.