Friday, October 7, 2022

10.07.22 Good day for some waterproofing....


     I figured after the days of rain we had the boat cover Jim had for the boat would be good and clean and now dried out. When I first picked the boat up it had the cover on it but it had some holes in it that needed repair. I took it to Jean's Canvas on Route 36 in Middletown and for a few hundred, maybe four, it was all tightened up. Of course, me, cheap ass, didn't go for the extra cash and have it waterproofed. But that's me. My wife evn said I should have just had it done....correctly.


     But not me. I'll buy the stuff and just spray it on myself. That was two years ago. So today I busted out the sprayer, which was either broken or I couldn't figure out how to use it, and gave it a go. I tried a brush, but that put on too much on the firtst swipe. In the end I used a cloth towel and that seemed to spread it on evenly and a little extra along the seams with some hand pressure. I used Starbrite waterproofing. I got it off Amazon for $53.00. 

      Tonight it might rain so I hope to see beads of water running off it. Next I'll do the sunbrella on the console. But before then I have to get into the engine. About a month and half to go.