Wednesday, September 21, 2022

09.21.22 Alright let's get going here.....



          It sucks when life gets in the way of fishing. But it really sucks when it's your health that keeps you away. For some stupid reason my blood pressure continues to be stuck just under the hypertensive "consult your doctor immediately" crisis numbers. If your that kind of patient who is a denier regarding your blood pressure I would recommend in changing that approach up. You're not gonna lose weight, you're not going to consistently go for walks with the wife and hit the gym, and that McDonald's salad is about as unhealthy as a Big Mac. And your "cheat" day on football Sunday takes about 4 weeks for your body to materialize. Get your pressure checked. See your doctor. Take your meds. Don't be embarrased to say you have high blood pressure that is under control by medication. I'd rather sat that then have to say, after my stroke or heart attack I could no longer go fly fishing. Spin fishing sucks. That should be enough of a motivation. While that's a hoot to worry about and as I try to manage it it's what's going on with my sinuses that is more concerning. 


     I had a CT scan when I was in Monmouth Medical last week to rule out a stroke or a tumor and they were concerned with my sinuses. The pic above is from 2012, I only have the report from last week. Words like erosive changes, diffuse, thickening, and complete opacification only mean one thing, back to the OR. I had surgery in 2012 and have been followed by Mt. Sinai's 9/11 Rescue Workers program since I think 2004. Well it looks like things aren't looking all that good. I'll be back in Manhattan Friday working my way back to my ENT there. I already know, I'll be back into surgery where I dam near bled out in the recovery room. Super. 

     But enough about me already. Where am I at with the boat? Working on the trailer lights currently. It should be easy and I don't know why it isn't. But those will be hooked up, at least temporarily. Before I go to Mercer Marine I am going to repalce the Racor fuel/ water separator which must have been sitting in water that collected in the stern of the boat. It looks simple enough 


to swap out and to remount. I'm reading things about switching out the metal screws to brass so they don't rust out. I tried to shop local. West Marine in Eatontown didn't have one but they said I could order it and pick it up in Bensalem, 20 minutes west of me. So I decided to pay a few bucks more and have Amazon


 drop it at my door. I may continue to help myself and see if there is anything simple and obvious I can do that I can learn and save a few bucks before Mercer Marine has to do anything out of my comfort zone. Hopefully I'll be redy to go when the true run hits, late November into December. That will all depend on the boat and my health. That surgery I had was a bitch so we'll see what the ENT says. 


      I have a doc appointkment in Red Bank tomorrow at 945 am, so it's a perfect day to see if I can grab a bass on a Snake Fly. Looks like Huricane season has started down south and we might be getting some weather this weekend. A little churning things up isn't always a bad thing.