Friday, September 9, 2022

09.09.22 The progress continues....


     So took the ride out to Pennsylvania to fill the boat up with ethanol free gasoline. Jim always used it and I have continued that as it's best for the Yamaha 175 HPDI. So with here filled up and 


ready to go it was off to Mercer Marine for a consult on how to proceed with making sure the engine is up to date on any required maintainence or things they see that that need attention. So I pulled up 


and saw the sign in the window, "Closed", off for vacation until September 13th, so later next week I'll head over there to meet with those guys and come up with a plan. Since I was in the neighborhood I dropped by Delaware Joe's. Soon he was up and under the center console looking to 



help me out. For that he surely earned a spot on the boat this fall and it will be a pleasure to fish with him. And luckily for me he was able to look at things in a different light, and that helped greatly, because we were able to locate the controls and figure out Bob's Jac Plate. Jack plates are used to raise and lower the height of the engine which helps in skinny water. I dropped Bob's an email to see if they could send me some directions and user manual so I can learn more about having one of these on the boat. I found the below video on their website explaining how and why. 


    I'm off to a good start and things are looking up. Can't wait to get her in front of the Yamaha mechanics over at Mercer Marine.