Sunday, September 18, 2022

09.18.22 Checked the tides, but....



     ...should have checked the moon cycle. After the past few days I had to get some fishing in before hitting the work ground running on Monday. Theresa wasn't happy, but she gets it. So left the house at midnight and was in the water by 1 am. As soon as I got in I should have turned around and left. Top of the tide, mid moon, absolutley boring water to look at. 


     Very little bait and water moving, no signs of fish in feeding lanes or busting on bait which looks like both silversides and mullet now. Maybe there's some peanuts mixed in there also. The mullet have made their way out front and some bass have been caught in the early light, not by me, but Ritchie and Leif have found them but not consistently. This weeks tides should be better. 

     The other thing I noticed was the water was piss warm, which didn't feel like fall is here yet.