Monday, March 22, 2021

03.22.21 Well the shad are here....



     Disclosure, not my fish. So with the nice and warmer weather I decided to hit the river. Dropping tide, water was clear, shad are there. Started with a small Deceiver which I donated to the rocks 


and then saw some guys throwing tiny spoons for shad. They caught a few and one guy offered me one to throw on the fly rod. I threw it and threw it, but had no lead to be able to get it down and bounce it along the bottom, where the fish were. Eventually I checked the spoon and the hook had 


snapped off sometime after bouncing it off the rocks. I took a sand eel fly and bit the materials off to make a smaller fly that was kind of the size of the flutter spoon. I hit a couple of spots at dead low but didn't manage a tap. On my way around I took the below of picture of Delaware River 


structure. Lots of rocks, lots of wood, and lots of concrete and rebar, all which love to grab your sinking liner or favorite big Hollow Fleye.