Friday, March 19, 2021

03.19.21 I learn every time I go...


     So I had a bit of time to kill, just waiting for things to get going. Todays wasn't perfect, N wind bringing cold air down along the river. Outgoing tide. And, don't forget your stripping basket, which I did. 

      The other day in Walmart I pick up some 'Classic Bass" fish attractant, figured for the early season sluggish ones, hesitant to go after a fly, a dab of goo on the hook shank might tempt them into biting. Sinking line, slow retrieve down low, didn't garner a strike. That's okay, always good to get out, have the entire river to yourself, and dream of water temps and bass ready to bite in between a romp in the sheets. 

     Waters at just about 42 degrees during the warmest part of the day. Shad are here, not sure about the bass. Was hoping for a holdover or an early bird to want something to eat. Soon enough, soon enough.