Monday, March 15, 2021

03.15.21 Quick stop at the beach....

 

     Had to got to Red Bank on Saturday so I left west a little early and stopped at the beach. Steady W wind all day had it a tad cooler than the last few days and enough to keep the incoming tide from ever really filling in. 

     It was a short lived trip. I got to feel what its like to walk on a groin again. I got to stand Ryan's Rock and make a few casts. And I got to see how good the beaches are looking after having been ripped up by Mother Nature over the summer. No doubt Frank Pallone and ACOE or sitting down at the table or are on Zoom meetings tryin g to figure out how to get more sand up on the beach. The locals won't be happy Frank and won't vote for you if they can't have there spreads out on the sand, time to secure the votes!

     I also stopped in the back and gave it a look. A buddy of mine who paddleboards the river in the early season was out yesterday and he didnt see any bait nor catch any bass. I know its early, but the fish are starting to trickle in, Raritan Bay is giving them up as is the Toms River.


      In the Delaware there has been a slow steady pick for the anglers soaking bait, mostly blood worms. Overnight temps went back down, air temps, to 25 degrees out near me. Just as my bones were starting to get used to the warmish weather they were in shock this morning when I went to let the chickens out. Lucky we got one last oil delivery last week to keep the house tolerable in this never ending winter.