Thursday, July 10, 2014

07.10.14 Feeling like I'm fishing for an endangered species.....


     Back at it this morning hitting some of my favorite beaches and groins for a few hours on the tide. Started early and was done by 630am. Pretty morning with fog at first then it cleared up. Water was clean except the occasional cabbage but it continues to be cold at 61 degrees. I casted a popper between the swells without a touch....BUT.....

                 I have a good feeling that things are going to improve quickly.

     The S and SW winds that we've had will change to NE this afternoon and there has been some sightings of bait and an occasional schoolie caught on the surf. So, if the conditions improve, and there's bait around, I think we may start to see a more consistent summer bass bite like we had last year.
Or so I hope.