Friday, June 7, 2024

05.07.24......Later......

    

  It's been a push but I somehow made it. Busy few days leading up to my departure, like right now, 9 pm on Friday. My Mom came home, well back here, from Florida this week so there was times of day drinking between the chaos. Some work up at the college, mowing the lawns, and then the mechanical


stuff with my truck. As you know I'm not mechanical in any way, but, over the last year I have been impressing myself. With Lauren away I was on my own. I had a nasty sound turning to the left. Replaced the wheel bearing, the CV axle, and the intermediate drive shaft. When I was all buttoned up I took it for a test ride and.....the noise was still there. So luckily I had ordered another (passenger) side wheel bearing and decided that could be it. The axle nut was like welded on so I had to use a torch to loosen it up. When all was said and done.....not a peep from anywhere near the front end. 

     In the heat of the battle with the front end I texted Andrew the store manager from Orvis. He was nicer enough to lend me his personal Helios 10 wt but I didn't';t think I would make it over. He said I


was going to miss the beer and food so after a quick shower I was heading over to Princeton. Besides the Helios I picked up some 12 and 16 pound leader material and a couple of flies. It was the kick-off to their Father's Day week so they were running a 20% off fly stuff special. 

     With less than 12 hours till now I was at RWJ New Brunswick to make sure all went well with my Dad's visit to the cardiac cath lab. He passed with flying colors but after that same day procedure you


have to stay for 6 hours so they can make sure your femoral artery doesn't blow out, which would cause you to bleed out. That just gave me and my stepmom Patty a chance for some day drinking. We found a cool spot on Patterson Street that did the trick and poured a good Guinness. 

     After a quick nap it was time to start really packing. Theresa helped me out a ton by getting my clothes ready all I had to do was pack my fly tying and fly fishing gear. It was 4 o'clock. I put on a new


for sight casting. It is the Cortland Ghost Tip 15 which has a clear 15' tip. My fly tying packing was horrible and it took me 45 minutes to find my arctic fox tails in white and black which you need to tie up those go to fox tail/ bunny strip flies in black and white. Of course I had to pack the stuff for the 


boat, a ladder, a bike- if you know then you know, a fire extinguisher ( I never want to see another person burn to death), first aid kit with some Narcan for the opioid overdose (You never know where and when), and of course the tank. And lastly the computer so I can keep a running account of this week. Before I left I took a quick spin with the tractor around the yard so the grass is somehow manageable after a week away. A week away in the Vineyard.....wow. 

     I'm heading up there a spelt 206.3 pounds. I want to see how my weight goes after a hard weeks fishing. I'd love to come back under 200.