Tuesday, June 27, 2023

06.27.23 Had to give it a shot...




     Mother Nature is sure throwing us some curve balls lately. It seems like this weather pattern calls for an inch of rain everyday. At least that's been the way since last Friday. Early this morning it felt like we were in Kansas from the Wizard of Oz, and this afternoon more of the same. This morning was



freshman orientation at St. Joseph's for Erin and a separate one for the parents. It was scheduled from 830-5, but I blew out after lunch. Late in the afternoon Erin sent me the top photo of the approaching weather. I looked at the accuweather radar and thought that there might be a window to hit the river. 


     I figured the water would be way off-color, nearly unfishable, but maybe there were some fish pushed to the bank that had to eat no matter what was passing by overhead. If this was a time for the eel fly than this was it. I had a very short window to make some casts into the Yoo-Hoo colored water.



     There was no one willing to play and soon the heavens opened up and the lightning started to streak the sky. I took some refuge thinking I could wait it out but that lasted just a few minutes. It'll be a few


days and tides before the river cleans up. I can't complain about the rain, because we need it, but the way it's coming isn't good for the ground or the rivers. It poured, the ground can't handle it and it just becomes runoff into the river. The river blows out and then drops like a stone it a few days. I'm hoping to venture down into the saltwater some time later this week, if Mother Nature gives us a break.