Sunday, February 26, 2023

02.26.23 Like a good neighbor....


     A few weeks back Lauren hooked me up with a complete rear brake job. While my truck was up in the air I asked her about bringing back the exhaust system to the original set-up. This truck has been modified with a dual, loud, like vibrates the ground loud, exhaust. I didn't have this truck during the all hours insanity of early spring last year, but I won't be able to wake up and go this year without waking 


up the wife, dogs, and my neighbors on both sides, even though there is a lot of space between the houses. She directed me to a Meineke shop across the street from the dealership. "2002 Chevy.....2500, oh no...HD....oh boy", that's what the guy said as I told him about my truck. Once you say HD, forget it. His estimate was $1,200, and he explained why, stupid big muffler with big, "They're 3" pipes", like I know what that means. I decided to shop around and found a guy in Trenton who said he would do it for $800...sold. Of course while I was down in Florida I got the phone call that it would be 


an extra hundy because he had to use an extra pipe and the labor, so $900...ouch! When we got back Theresa gave me a ride over to the shop and once that key hit the ignition I knew it was money well 



spent. Purrs like a kitten and it's just so nice to drive now. The only thing is I hope the truck doesn't blow-up because the exhaust is worth more than the truck. I got this truck in a truck swap when I traded


a 2003 Chevy Duramax diesel that I purchase for $2,900. I got that one in October 2021 and made the switch in June 2022. This new respiratory system will be perfect for those 2 am gotta-catch-the-tide but need-to-be-stealthy outings. T-minus three days.