Thursday, February 2, 2023

02.02.23 Just a time stamp before the big freeze....

     We're bracing for a cold snap top hit the northeast this weekend. Supposed air temps down into the low 20's with the real feel wind chill temps to -20. That's cold. I wanted to just put up where we are river temp-wise. Right now 38.5 degrees, down from a January high of 40.5. Let's see what it does by say next week, where I hear temps will be back up to the 40's and 50's. 


     With the mild winter we're having snow removal probably isn't on most of your minds. But it crossed mine. I went out and tried to fire up the 10 year old + girl and couldn't get her going. I replaced the spark plug and changed the fuel, even though it was already ethanol free, which I have come to learn is better than carburetor killing ethanol added gas, even with the treatment added. I dropped her off and then got back the estimate. Rebuild or replace carburetor, service it, fix the pull cord, something else, $475. 

     I gave them the green light as I know, at some point, we are going to get a foot of snow. It may be in late March, but it's coming, even if it's a one and done storm. I have too much real estate to shovel and my left ventricle would probably blow out if I tried to do it by hand. If I paid someone it would cost me  a couple hundred each time, so, I think, money well spent.