Monday, February 13, 2023

02.13.23 C'mon man.....

 

     On Friday February 10th I got the above email from the Siumms Warrnsaty and Repair Department. They were letting me know my item has been recieved and has been checked in with a 3-4 week turn around. Luckily January was mild and while out trying for walleye I found my new G3's had a 

problem. After some eye opening visits to UPS they were on their way back to Bozeman for a whopping $72.77. They lady said they would be there in a few days even though I chose the less 


expensive ground snail mail route. Luckily I saved my receipt that had the tracking number on it so I could see when Simms recieved my waders back. On January 31st at 1145 am they waders were at the 

dock. With a minimum 3-4 week turn around that puts me at March 11th...not cool. I lost 2 weeks somewhere at the plant. I'm firing off an email just so I don't get lost in the mix out there. 

     To note Simms was purchased last year by Vista Outdoors, a congromerate of several large companies that includes both hunting and fishing. The purchase price was $192 million dollars. Anglers, especially fly fisherman have been wondering if, when and how the acquasition would effect day to day operations, like warranty and reapir, and new product development. The big guns in the wader business, Patagonia, Orvis, Skwala are competing for the high end market. All of the mentioned above companies top line waders staret at $799.99, which if you didn't know is $800.