Wednesday, February 15, 2023

02.15.23 Got my rod boots in the mail...


     I hate when ads for things pop up on my Facebook page. They're mostly for cars or stuff I'm not interested in. But last week an ad popped up for Trxstle and it got my attention. What was showing was a picture of "rod boots". They're braided polysester and protect your rods from damage when you, like me, just throw them, literally, in the bed of your truck when moving from spot to spot. Or, like me, 


throw them in when I'm disgusted and have to take the drive of shame back to the Trenton area after a tough outing on the beach. What that means is my rod tips are bouncing back up and down in the air, banging on my tailgate, as I drive 65 mph on 195. "This might be something I could use", I thought. 


    They're 9'-11" and cover the rod tips and secure at the reel with a bungy type cord. While I'm sure they are designed for rods that aren't lined, and don't have a fly tied on, they could still be worth their weight in gold for someone like me who is less than nice with their gear. I guess, with a smaller fly, you could keep it tied up and on and just leave a little slack in your fly line for transport. 


     Mine arrived today and here's some info. They're $29.95 and come in a pair, HERE. . They will go nice with my Sumo Rod Carrier that I refurbished last year. You can read about that job well done HERE. Below is a pick of them all reconditioned. The only negative thing about those are if you fish in a sketchy place, which is where I do most of my fishing these days, then they are ripe for someone to un-suction them and split. A quick grab not unlike the rash of catalytic converter thefts going on 


currently. Oh yeah, quick prediction, my converter will surely be stolen from my truck this year as night time is the right time for shady suspoects to come out on the prowl. I'll be using these soon and will report back on my findings. Sometimes a product just looks right to buy, and these will seem to work.