Thursday, July 11, 2019

07.11.19 One on each fly.....


    After a few days of Daddy duty including bathing suit shopping for four hours with two teenage girls I was ready for some time alone. I couldn't wait to get down there and fish, and catch! One of my favorite parts of an outing is that feeling you get as you approach the access to the beach, and then getting your first look and wife of the salt air. 



    Richie was a few seconds behind me and he was itching to go fishing also. I had my sot picked out knowing that this was a good tide and the fluke, and maybe a bass, had been in. Well don't ever assume. Twenty casts in and I was without a hit. I knew the morning was going to suck.


     After a few additional casts I jumped in my car and headed to my next go-to spot. I fished hard in total for three hours and got two small fluke, one on the AMC and a small baitfish fly. The water left quick and I felt like an elephant in the Sahara trying to sty where the water was the most and moving.


     I think the S winds have upwelled the water and it was chilly and maybe a little too cold to get a bite going on the beach. Also, usually mussels are a good sign, but with the S winds and the littoral current every south side of the groins were almost unfishable because on each cast a string of mussels would find the fly or line. At least I got two.......