Friday, June 17, 2016

06.16.16 Night time is the right time.....


     Started out today at the local pond but found lots of activity as far as the dredgers in tight to where I wanted to fish. Did manage a few handfuls of small bass but quit before I got locked in and the boys headed down island. Today we traveled a bit and found another salt pond that showed better signs of life as far as bait and bass we concerned. Jerry was prospecting with a spinning rod and got a nice bass so I took the later shift there starting at 7 o'clock till 1 am. At dusk the pond erupted and I landed 5 small bass. I hung in waiting for hours for something to show but it never did. I decided to go "out front" and catch the outgoing and landed two nice into-your-backing bass throwing a black Kinky Muddler into the moving current. On fish inhaled the fly and luckily the barbless hook came out easy after I inserted my hand down into his esophagus. The tide started to die and the wind started to crank once again. Looking forward to see what Mother Nature has in store for us tomorrow.