I've been on a musical thing again when it comes to titling posts. If you remember the line, "Takin' care of business (everyday)", well that's from a song written put out in 1973 by Bachman-Turner Overdrive, or BTO. And yesterday was the torturous task of applying for nursing licenses by endorsement. Basically since Theresa and I are residents of South Carolina we can't practice
under our New Jersey one's anymore. Theresa's multi-state, or Compact (NLC), that's good for 60 days until you switch everything over.
And is the application process easy? It kinda is, if you haven't just moved from another state and and still have your entire lives in bins and boxes. How easy is it to put your hands on your diploma, old licenses, and social security cards? Not very trust me.
I found a bag in one of the bins that has in it just about every ID badge I've ever been issued. Did you know I used to work for First Fidelity Bank on Brad Street in Newark in 1988? I did a short stint in the mortgage department there and my big memory was seeing Whitney Houston' s home equity loan for $1,000,000 when she lived in New Jersey. You can see that in the top center of the picture.
And what's funny is, that's not all of them. It kind of reminds me of the movie Catch Me if You Can, which is the true story of Frank Abagnale, Jr, who is a master of deception. In the end am I just a big faker?
By late afternoon I had found all that I needed and uploaded it, and then paid the fee to get the process started. If I am like Abagnale then I'm sure to get caught because the next phase is the background check and FBI fingerprinting portion of the vetting process. Once that's done and I get my RN and APRN licenses I'll be good to work, most likely teaching again in some capacity.
And my plan is to sell or trade in the Suburban for a pickup. Suburban's great, but I need a truck. There's still a chance I'll be able to score the one with the blown transmission, although that's not my biggest concern. There's something called a AFM (Active Fuel Management) installed in the engine which shuts down half of the cylinders when driving. It's like the cars these days that shut off at the lights.
The truck I'm looking at, this week, is a 2010 with a 5.3 V8. It's got some mileage on her, 208,000, but I'm more worried about the whole AFM thing over how many miles it's been driven. If it's not this one I'm sure it'll wind up being another bucket of bolts that I convince Theresa need.
If I only still had my old Silverado, the diesel I owned (above) from 2021-2022. They would just love to see and hear that in Sun City. But with diesel at over $6 a gallon these days I'm glad she has a new home.
What's funny as I look back, I've had just as many vehicles as I do old ID badges. At times when I scroll through my photos I find a truck and say, "I forgot I had that". One day I'm going to do a post on all the vehicles I've had since I was 18. That outta be fun.